Is That The Smell of Death on Your Blog? #RRBC #RWISA #Authors
Do you write amazing blog posts? Is your blog site nice and neatly organized as well as being aesthetically pleasing to the eye? Do you promote your blog heavily, in hopes that because you built it, they will come?
Well, guess what? They are coming and they are really enjoying your content – so much so that they can’t wait to leave you a comment. Then, why don’t they?
Here are the top 5 reasons your blog site traffic is dead:
- Your blog requires that anyone attempting to leave a comment must “verify” that they are human by selecting images with buses or cars or storefronts, etc. (This is so annoying);
- Your blog requires that anyone attempting to leave a comment must submit a mini-form which is requesting their name, email, blog site and then their comment. (I can’t tell you how much I hate this);
- Your blog requires that anyone attempting to respond to comments already left on your blog must submit a mini-form which is requesting their name, email, blog site and then their comment. (This literally makes me want to claw my own eyes out);
- Your comments are held for moderation and never released or not released in a timely manner;
- Every time someone visits your blog they are inundated with pop-up windows asking them to sign up for one thing or another.
All of these reasons are huge deterrents to visitors of blog sites and the very reasons the traffic on your blog appears scarce.
We all lead very busy lives, and finding a moment to show support of a blog tour or an awesome blog post that you’ve written, should be easy and should also allow visitors to get in and get out.
When we are subjected to all of these “requirements,” we click off of your site and head back into our busy lives or right into another blog site, that is more user-friendly and much easier to navigate. I mean, all we want to do is support and interact in your “home,” but you make us not even want to come over.
This is not a paid endorsement of WordPress by any means, but let me tell you, their forum is so user-friendly that I almost want to jump out of my seat when I find that I have landed on one!
So, if you’re writing these amazing blog posts and/or you’re hosting your fellow authors on their blog tours yet the traffic seems to be light, look closely and you’ll quickly find what’s keeping them away; I’m pretty sure it’s the blog forum you’re utilizing.
And, just in case you’re wondering, YES, I am one of those visitors who are easily deterred by all of the restrictions on your blog site. Even in my busy, I am a regular visitor to blogs, but just as soon as I find that I have to jump thru 50,000 hoops just to leave a comment…well, CYA!
What about you? Are you these things deterrents for you, as well? I’d love to know!
JOIN RRBC TODAY FOR GREAT AUTHOR SUPPORT!
- Posted in: Uncategorized