You’re Not Normal! #RRBC #RWISA @RRBC_Org
How many times have you heard someone say, “So what…what’s normal for you may not be normal for me”? Unfortunately, over the past few years, I’ve heard it more times than I can recount. Typically, when you witness or hear someone do or say something that’s abnormal, you might think, “Who does that? That’s just not normal.” For me, I’m pretty quick to articulate that thought while staring the person in the face, as I don’t like holding thoughts in my head that have the potential to enlighten or teach others. I also don’t like holding those kinds of thoughts in my head for fear that I might develop a migraine or my brain might burst all over my white carpet. That would be a huge mess, and I don’t like messes.
So, just for the record, there are tons of things that aren’t normal, and this idea of normalcy that rules my life, has nothing to do with things being subjective. (I know some of you love to use that word when you have published a book without having had it professionally edited and proofed first, and then have to face some honest reviews. I get it. Well…actually I don’t. Why?) Anyway, as usual, I’m getting off track. Let me get back on.
For those of you who love to do abnormal things and then proclaim, “Well, it’s normal to me,” or, “Everyone’s different. What you consider normal might be abnormal to someone else,” – for clarity, I’ve created a list of the top 25 totally ABNORMAL things in the real world so you’re no longer confused.
- It’s not normal to walk down the street naked
- It’s not normal to walk or run up to someone, point a gun in their face and shoot them (killing them)
- It’s not normal to lie habitually. (I detest liars)
- It’s not normal to sit behind the keyboard and pretend to be someone else
- It’s not normal to break into and burglarize someone’s home
- It’s not normal to walk up to someone’s porch and steal their packages, or steal anything from anyone, for that matter. (I loathe thieves)
- It’s not normal to rob a bank
- It’s not normal to kidnap someone
- It’s not normal to rape
- It’s not normal to molest a child. (I HATE child molesters)
- It’s not normal to stand in the middle of a restaurant and scream at the top of your lungs
- It’s not normal to go up to your child’s school and beat up another child
- It’s not normal to take the police on a high speed car chase
- It’s not normal to write a memoir of a life of abuse, depicting it as your personal story when none of it ever happened to you (you did it for sympathy, book sales, and because you’re an attention-seeker)
- It’s not normal to be promiscuous
- It’s not normal to go to prison (unless you’ve been wrongly accused, in which case it was not your own actions that put you there)
- It’s not normal to abuse your spouse
- It’s not normal to keep a 400 pound tiger in your home
- It’s not normal to have such road rage that you get out of your car in the middle of traffic and engage in a physical fight with someone (unless you are forced to defend yourself)
- It’s not normal to douse someone with gasoline and then throw a match at them
- It’s not normal to murder your children and then say God told you to do it
- It’s not normal to hold someone’s head under water while they’re gasping for air
- It’s not normal to abuse or take advantage of the elderly (or anyone for that matter)
- It’s not normal to leave your kids in the car while you go inside the mall to shop
- It’s just not normal to kill someone and then sleep soundly at night
There you have it – the top 25 ABNORMAL things in the real world, and if any apply to your life, I want you to see a professional (and this time, I don’t mean a professional editor or proofreader).
How about you … do you have any abnormal things that you’ve witnessed that you could add to this list? If so, please leave us a comment below. Remember, knowledge is power and some seem to just not know.
Until next time…